In today’s world, the Internet is no longer rooted to your desktop computer. Mobile devices and laptops allow you to use the Internet wherever you are. However, there is one major disadvantage. Your mobile device, laptop or any other computer that you access Firefox on doesn’t have your bookmarks, saved passwords and other information on it. Setting these up on each new device where you access Firefox is time-consuming and difficult.
Fortunately,there is Firefox Sync. With Firefox Sync, you can sync all your devices and computers together, allowing each device or computer you access Firefox on to have your favorites, saved forms or even show the tabs you left open the last time you used Firefox. Using Firefox Sync is easy and requires only a Firefox account. To use Firefox Sync, follow these simple steps.
To enable from your main computer
- Open Firefox.
- Click the “Firefox” button.
- Click “Set Up Sync.”
- Click “Create a New Account.”
- Enter the data requested - an email address and a password.
- Under “Server,” select “Firefox Sync Server” if it is not already selected.
- If you want to change what information is synced between devices, click “Sync Options” in the lower left corner.
- Once you create your account and setup is complete, it’s now time to add other devices.
To use on your Android phone
- Open Firefox.
- Tap “Settings” followed by “Preferences.”
- Scroll down until you reach the “Sync” section.
- Switch “Enable Sync” to “On” and tap the “Connect” button located directly under it. A 12 digit code appears on your Android; write this code down as we will need to use it later.
To use on your iPhone, iPad or other iOS devices
- Launch the Firefox Home app.
- Tap “I Have A Sync Account.” Just like the Android phone, a 12 digit number will appear; write this number down for later use.
To sync to another computer
- Launch Firefox on the computer you want to sync.
- Just like when we first set up Firefox Sync on the main computer, click the “Firefox” button followed by “Set Up Sync.”
- Click the “I Have An Account” button, and you will receive a 12 digit code that you will use to finish setting up Firefox Sync.
- On your main computer, navigate to the Firefox home page by clicking the “Home” button.
- Click “Pair A Device” at the bottom of the window and enter the 12 digit code you wrote down earlier.
- Click “Finish”, and the sync will now take place automatically. Once complete, both devices sync together, and there is nothing further required from you; all information is automatically shared between both devices from this point on.
- However, if you do not have access to your main computer after starting the process of Firefox Sync, you can still finish the process. Click “I Am Not Near My Computer,” after receiving the 12 digit code on any device or computer, and you can finish the Firefox Sync process without needing to go back to your main computer.
Firefox Sync is easy to set up, taking at most five minutes. With all your Firefox browsers and information synced together, you’ll wonder how you were ever able to live without Firefox Sync before.